Thursday, September 6, 2018

Edwards' Home Campaign Prologue

It's time to have a brand new campaign at home...made from scratch!


I'm going to be creating a made from scratch Advanced Dungeons and Dragons campaign setting for my family to have fun in...I hope you'll join in to see how it all turns out!

I'm going to be starting with a map that is 1 mile to the hex that will enable me to create a local area for 1st level characters to get started in. Along with that I will be making a rough draft map of "The World" that a magic-user, cleric or illusionist might have at the start of the game.

It's going to be broad strokes at first, but I think this is going to be fun for all as the players (my kids and wife) will get to shape the world as much as I do. Their character backgrounds will cause numerous things to be created:

If they play an elf, where are the elves from?

If they are of Upper Middle Class, what family do they come from?

Literally the world will be started by me creating a small town for them with basics built in and the rest will be determined (I hope) by their own ideas and how I react to them.

Wish us luck!




2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the well-wishes!

      It's coming along really nicely so far...first game session will be this coming weekend as the family explores "Waddle Manor" though I don't know if they will actually GET to it; but it will be a start.

      Delete