Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Drilling in...

So my son came to me and said: "Hey Dad, what is the name of the shop where I have to go to buy some good rope to get down into Goblin Gully?"

Uh-oh!

"Well buddy, I haven't got to that part yet."

He grinned and said, "I bet you will by this weekend."

So here I am scrambling to get Walker's Hold "Done" before the weekend.

I know I don't have much time, so I've gone to whatever resources I can find. Find One is a cool random mapper. A quick click of a couple buttons and I came up with a Medium Sized "town" with no walls and no castle. A quick download and then I moved over to paint and here is what my current progress is:


Walker's Hold is FOR SURE going to be a town and not a village. I've got a few good ideas for why it is quite so big; but the basics are that it is a seasonal caravan town. Caravans visit it for trade fairs. One with the dwarves, another for elves, and yet another for trade with the "other" dwarves and gnomes to the north in Rocky Gap. Also, I've decided that a major product of the Walker's Hold area is livestock; so I'm going to be adding cattle/sheep pens and such into the mix. Some of those really big buildings will be smoke houses, warehouses and so on...but there isn't likely a single two-story building in the entire place that isn't along the walls of the place (as you can see, just getting started on the walls).

So in the center of town will be a statue (in the middle of the square there) of a prominent something...not sure what yet; but that leaves lots and lots of room around it for shops and such for my boy to buy his thrice damned rope and solid grappling hook!

All this for 50' of rope!

I'll keep you posted on how things turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment